September 8, 2020
Notice: Limited Drop-in Support Hours
Beginning on Tuesday, September 8th, the SASC be offering limited drop-in hours 7 days a week between 2pm-6pm for all members of the UBC community. For all drop-ins, please visit room 2516 in the AMS Student Nest to meet with a Support Worker.
Our support services are also available over the phone or over video call Monday-Friday from 8am-10pm and Saturday and Sunday from 11am-7pm. Feel free to reach out to us by calling 604.827.5180 or by emailing email@example.com to speak with a Support Worker or to book an appointment.
We also offer hospital accompaniments to the Sexual Assault Service at UBC Urgent Care Monday-Sunday between 8am-10pm. When calling our line for this service, please mention that you would like a Support Worker to accompany you to the hospital.
To keep our community safe we are committed to the following actions:
- Masks will be worn by the support worker for in-person appointments and will be made available to survivors visiting our office
- Only 2 people will be permitted in the support room for in-person appointments.
- The support room will be sanitized after every appointment.
- Workspaces will be arranged to maintain a 2 metre distance between staff.
- The SASC’s education services and workshops continue to be available online and can be requested using this online form.
How to find us:
To reach our temporary support office, head to the 2nd floor of the Nest and walk to the other end of the building opposite to the Hatch Art Gallery. You will find us in room 2516 where a Support Worker will be ready to welcome you into the space. If the Support Worker is already in a support appointment, there will be a sign on the door with the time of their return.
We hope these drop-in hours will provide folx with additional ways to access support during this challenging time. You are not alone – please reach out to us if you have any questions about the SASC’s support services.
With love and solidarity,
Your SASC team