October 2, 2012
Free Art Workshops at UBC
Thrive is bringing art workshops to students to show them that art:
is FUN. builds CONNECTIONS. fosters CREATIVITY. reduces STRESS.
In September and October, there will be 4 workshops that students can sign up for.
Because spots are limited, registration will be on a first come first serve basis. If you wish to get a spot, I recommend signing up as soon as possible – I’m inclined to sign up for a spot right now!
There are 2 types of art workshops that are being offered, which are splatter and pop.
· Splatter Art is a type of abstract art where one can simply “splatter” the paint onto their artwork, creating a piece that can be interpreted in many different ways.
· Pop Art is a modern art movement, started in the 1950s, which uses the imagery, styles, and themes of advertising, mass media, and popular culture. Richard Hamilton, Roy Lichtenstein and Andy Warhol are among the best known Pop artists.
Please only sign up for one workshop!
· September 19 (6:00PM – 7:30PM):
· September 28 (2:00PM – 3:30PM):
· October 1 (6:00PM – 7:30PM):
· October 12 (3:00PM – 4:30PM): Click Here to Register